For more than a century a church has been meeting in Elms Road, Hook. Initially the church met in the living room of Thomas Burberry's home, 'Crossways'. In 1910, as the number gathering became too large for this room, Thomas Burberry erected a surplus Boer War Officers Mess Hut in the grounds of his house for the church to meet in.
In 1956 the members of the church set in motion the process for the construction of a replacement building which was opened on 16th November 1957.
Over the years the church has been known by various names, most recently as Hook New Covenant Church. Our Sunday morning meetings outgrew this facility in 1999 when we started meeting regularly at the Elizabeth Hall, meanwhile the Elms Road building continued to host our offices and other weekly activities. Since then, the continued growth of the church and increasing activities in the local community has required a larger and more suitable premises.
In the Autumn of 2011 we opened our new building, the Life Church Centre. Sitting on the same Elms Road site, the new two storey building comprises a main meeting room with a capacity of 100 people, a smaller meeting room which seats 30 people, a kitchen and offices. This facility in the heart of Hook not only allows us to run our church activities, but also enables us to develop our community events and services.