Emergency First Aid at Work training, delivered by MCG Training
**This training course is fully booked and there are no more tickets available**
A regulated and nationally recognised qualification designed for those who have a specific responsibility at work to provide first aid in their workplace. It is ideal for smaller, low risk workplaces and for those working in the voluntary and community sector who have a responsibility to deliver first aid for their clients and members. This course covers emergency life threatening conditions and minor injuries. Certification is valid for 3 years and an annual refresher is strongly recommended by HSE.
On completion of training candidates should be able to understand the role of the first-aider including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection.
- The need for recording incidents and actions; use of available equipment.
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is not breathing.
- Administer first-aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Administer first-aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
- Administer first-aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock or has fainted.
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
Each candidate will receive a folder containing a first aid manual, a resuscitation face shield, notebook and pen and other relevant handouts. Candidates will be continually assessed throughout this course.
On successful completion 2 certificates will be issued, one A4 display certificate and one wallet size certificate. Certification is valid for 3 years and it is recommended that a 3 hour refresher course is attended annually.
- Tea and coffee will be provided during the day.
- Please bring your own lunch for the 30 minute lunch break. Whilst there are shops nearby where you can purchase food, you may not have sufficient time to buy and eat lunch within the 30 minute lunch break.
- Please arrive in sufficient time to begin this training at 9.30 am.
- The venue is located on a residential street. Please park considerately, being courteous to our neighbours.
Price and Booking
Training places are £40 each and you can book them using the button below.